Roll and stereo slam

yanmingz
Hi Mathieu,

I have successfully installed RTAB-Map on my Ubuntu PC. Thanks for your help.

In the last several weeks, I installed my stereo camera on a P3DX and record some video in ros bag format. I separated each frame as a picture and use the stereo image list as input for your RTAB-Map.

I test your program with a rotation test case, which means the camera rotates around a fixed point with a small radius (about 5 cm). I observed a continuous drift on Z direction. So I guess the camera is not calibrated with the P3DX well and there may be a rolling around the X axis. So I changed the value of local_transform and it does not effect the result. I also browsed the code, the local transform is not used for stereo slam.

Could you tell where I am wrong?

Best regards
Yanming

Re: Roll and stereo slam

The local_transform won't help for that. The calibration may have an impact though. You could try different calibration to see if this problem is always here.
http://wiki.ros.org/camera_calibration/Tutorials/StereoCalibration

cheers