Rtabmap ROS with R200

senia
Hi,
Im trying to run Rtabmap ros with Intel r200 using this example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc1WhmFCjcc
Although rtabmapviz loads and start, and I see video input, it crashes after a couple of second with the error:
[roslaunch][ERROR] 2016-03-24 12:04:40,723: [rtabmap/rtabmapviz-3] process has died [pid 57890, exit code -6, cmd /home/ubuntu/catkin_ws/devel/lib/rtabmap_ros/rtabmapviz -d /home/ubuntu/catkin_ws/src/rtabmap_ros/launch/config/rgbd_gui.ini rgb/image:=/camera/color/image_raw depth/image:=/camera/depth/image_resized rgb/camera_info:=/camera/color/camera_info scan:=/scan scan_cloud:=/scan_cloud __name:=rtabmapviz __log:=/home/ubuntu/.ros/log/1c57f93a-f1a7-11e5-8325-000c29e41701/rtabmap-rtabmapviz-3.log].
And some of this:
[ERROR] (2016-03-24 12:21:33.830) Rtabmap.cpp:880::process() RGB-D SLAM mode is enabled and no odometry is provided. Image 4400 is ignored!
right before/after the crash, Although when I use rviz I see the full RGB & depth streams.
I attached the log and terminal output with a screenshot.
roslaunch-ubuntu-57870.log
out.txt
Screenshot.png
*Compiled rtabmap_ros from source.
How can fix this?
Thanks,
Senia.

Re: Rtabmap ROS with R200

senia
As it came without notice, it disappeared.

Re: Rtabmap ROS with R200

Your log seems okay, though odometry cannot be computed because there are too low matching visual features.

For rtabmapviz crashing problem, I'll give a try here.

Re: Rtabmap ROS with R200

Gabe
Hey Senia,

Have you gotten it to work? Also, were you able to find the resize_image package? i am also looking to use the Realsense with RTAB but am running into a similar problem as yours. Thanks!

Best,

Gabriel

Re: Rtabmap ROS with R200

senia
This post was updated on .
Hi Gabe,
Yes, it's working great. The drivers in the video and those I mentioned earlier are obsolete, THIS is the good driver. And you don't even need the resize_image package.
A bonus from me, you can record in FHD(!) color, and 640x480 depth, and upscale the depth with the resize_image package(I don't know why he removed it from the video commends). I attached my rip too (added some nice simple features).
FHD can give amazing details in the mapping, but it very computationally and memory(if you save the record) heavy.
One last issue with the drivers, are that they not registered, refereed by me here, and here.
Good luck.
resize_image.gz