/Rtabmap/localization_pose is not publishing

/Rtabmap/localization_pose is not publishing

Masoumeh
Hi Mattieu,
I get stuck in one part and that is :
i did mapping for the real robot, then when i activate the localization part, /rtabmap/localization_pose is not publishing or sometimes by chance start publishing once , or twice, so slowly.
what should I do to have a continuous output from /rtabmap/localization_pose?

Thanks

Re: /Rtabmap/localization_pose is not publishing

Masoumeh
Hi Mattieu,

for this question you mentioned that: "localization_pose is published only when a localization happens. If you need continuous poses, use TF /map -> /base_link".
but the problem is that at first it starts publishing and by moving the vehicle for a few meters, it stops publishing, while I have a continuous output from TF /map -> /base_link.

I want to know that while i have TF /map -> /base_link, (but no published localization_pose), it means that the robot has not localized itself?
thanks

Re: /Rtabmap/localization_pose is not publishing

If you move and localization_pose is not published, it means that the current frame received could not be localized on the map. If your odometry is not drifting a lot, localizations could happen at a lower rate without significant navigation problems.

In other words, TF map->odom is updated only when when localization_pose is published, the rest of time it keep the value of the latest localization.