SLAM with kinect v2 and hokuyo Lidar

elgarbe
Hello, I'm trying to setup my robot with a kinect v2 and a lidar, like point 2.3 of http://wiki.ros.org/rtabmap_ros/Tutorials/SetupOnYourRobot

I have some doubt about frames and tf. My laser report to /scan topic in base_laser frame. The lidar is mounted on top of kinect. And they are at the XYZ = 0,0,1 meter

How can I config demo_hector_mapping.launch to make use of my Lidar? I would like to use rtabmap icp odometry at first.
I have hector slam working so, the second step will be to use it for odometry and make a comparison between them.

Thank!

Re: SLAM with kinect v2 and hokuyo Lidar

in demo_hector_mapping.launch, you would have to change /jn0/base_scan to /scan. You may have to remap also the rgb/depth/camera_info topic to those of kinect v2.

You would have to setup a static_transform_publisher between the lidar and kinect, otherwise rtabmap will send warnings about not being able to transform some frames.
<node pkg="tf" type="static_transform_publisher" name="base_laser_to_kinect"
    args="0.0 0.0 1.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 /base_laser /kinect2_link 100" />

<!-- is base_footprint -> base_laser published? if not adjust pose below -->
<node pkg="tf" type="static_transform_publisher" name="base_footprint_to_base_laser"
    args="0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 /base_footprint /base_laser 100" />