Spawnning an obstacle during navigation

minato_99
Hello matlabbe,

I am working on a project of cooperative navigation. I have successfully launched both drone and rover with the same map and they are working good. I have carried out two tasks. First, I have passed a navigation goal to the rover and made the drone follow the rover. Second, pass the goal point to the drone and made the rover follow that in the same map.

I was wondering if there is  a way,   I can launch a new obstacles when the rover is navigating along global trajectory already created to the goal point such that it would seem that the drone is passing an information to the rover there is a new obstacle  and get the rover global trajectory updated.

Thanks,
Rakesh Yadav

Re: Spawnning an obstacle during navigation

If you add an obstacle in the simulator while they are navigating and they can both see the obstacle, they could adjust their global trajectory respectively (assuming the rover and drone are updating their respective local costmap). If the rover is following blindly the drone without a local costmap, there could be a collision with the obstacle. You may also link somehow the local costmaps of the two robots to add obstacles that a robot sees that the other cannot.