Unusual curvature in Point Cloud

antoniodepth
Hi guys,
I'm using a Xtion Pro Live with OPENNI2. I did the 3-step calibration with good results, my point cloud are really good but... I always detected a curvature when I did a large example (i.e.straight walls). I suppose that the calibration was not good.. but I did a lot of them with the same problem.

Could anyone help me with this issues? Which is the reason?

Re: Unusual curvature in Point Cloud

This may because of the depth distortion. See CLAMS for explanations. CLAMS is integrated in RTAB-Map, see this tutorial to know how to use it.

Re: Unusual curvature in Point Cloud

antoniodepth
Dear matlabbe,
thank you for your support. I did a depth distortion (attached)

distortion_model.bin

The problem is, when I try to use it (in real time or when I export the point cloud...), the sofware crash.
Any suggestion?

Re: Unusual curvature in Point Cloud

I tried to open it and the app crashes too. It is maybe that the file is corrupted. I added some debug logs on model loading, and I have this error:
[DEBUG] (2016-10-06 21:29:34.054) discrete_depth_distortion_model.cpp:337::deserialize() Distortion Model: Frustum[1][15]
rtabmap(1772,0x7fff75f4c310) malloc: *** mach_vm_map(size=18446472875212570624) failed (error code=3)
*** error: can't allocate region

It seems that the deserialization failed to get the right size of a vector, for which 18446472875212570624 is too big.

You can try again to open your database, download all clouds then retry depth calibration. You may want to try the database on the Depth Calibration tutorial page to compare (corresponding output distortion_model.bin).

Re: Unusual curvature in Point Cloud

antoniodepth
Hi again Mathieu,
I tried to use the database and the distortion model downloaded, downloaded all clouds (global map optimized).. but same error.

Are you planning to fix it? Are you open an issue?

Thank you so much.

Re: Unusual curvature in Point Cloud

I cannot reproduce the error. Can you share your database used for depth calibration? EDIT Is the bug happen with the sample database clams_example.db of the Depth Calibration tutorial too?

Re: Unusual curvature in Point Cloud

antoniodepth
Yes, I obtained the bug using your sample database and distortion model too. (attached image, using your db + distortion model in Export 3D Clouds/Regenerate Clouds)

Re: Unusual curvature in Point Cloud

I reproduced the error only on Windows. I opened an issue: https://github.com/introlab/rtabmap/issues/128