Update the database file with Sparse Bundle Adjustment (SBA) Post-Processing

Update the database file with Sparse Bundle Adjustment (SBA) Post-Processing

utkarsh_patil
Hi,

I have been trying to post-process a database file collected and merged in multi-session settings.

During post-processing, using rtabmap-databaseViewer I'm able to detect more loop-closures and refine links and have the updated *.db file saved/exported. But, I also wish to include post-processed results with Sparse Bundle Adjustment (SBA), which are only available through rtabmap GUI, into a *.db file in similar fashion.

Is there any way this can be achieved?

Regards,
Utkarsh

Re: Update the database file with Sparse Bundle Adjustment (SBA) Post-Processing

It is not possible to save optimized poses from SBA back in the database. That option was originally added only for this export example.

Well, after post-processing, we could ask the user if he wants to save back those optimized poses in the database. If so, saveOptimizedPoses of the DBDriver could be called. Next time rtabmap is initialized, it will use those poses (unless the graph has to be re-optimized in SLAM mode or if memory management is enabled).

However, poses of 3D features cannot be updated as easily.