Use find_object with SXGA resolution

Alex_V
Hello everyone,
I am using find_object_2d find_object_3d.launch with an ASUS XTION pro live. First I tried with the default resolution (VGA) and everything was working well but the maximum distance detection was too small (between 1 and 2 meter).
So I move to the SXGA_30(Hz) resolution and I restart the find_object launch file but the program crash without error. I mean the image is fix like if I had taken a picture.

Does the package is supposed to work with SXGA resolutions?

Thanks!

Re: Use find_object with SXGA resolution

Hello,

1) The range of the detection (1 and 2 meter) depends greatly at which range the object is added to find_object. Features may be different with an object looking smaller (farther) in the image. A solution can be to add the same object in find_object at different scales. You may then have detection inside the range of the XTION (<4 meters). Increasing the image resolution will not help for the distance for the 3D version of find_object (which is more dependent to depth resolution).

2) Theoretically it can work with any resolution. But in practice, it depends on the sensor. Here the depth image of the XTION cannot have a resolution higher than VGA. If you setup OpenNI2 with SXGA, it may not publish a registered depth image. In that case, the ROS callback of find_object node won't be called. When you say the image is fix, is the GUI still responding?

cheers