VO and ekf

Axel C
Hi guys,
I am a bit confused with the frame_id, odom_frame_id and map_frame_id that i have to setup :

<arg name="camera_name" default="camera_realsense_1"/>
<arg name="frame_id"                default="($arg camera_name)_link"/>
<arg name="odom_frame_id"           default="odom"/>
<arg name="map_frame_id"            default="map"/>
<arg name="publishTF"               default="false"/>

so that RTAB Map returns a correct 3D cloud and a visual information (speed/orientation?) on the odometry of the robot that will be processed afterwards in an EKF. Therefore, i want the EKF to publish the odometry, not RTABMap.
I see confusing information on the web, even if they all might be true, saying that the link map->odom if for global positioning and might be discontinuous, while odom->base_link shall be continuous and can drift over time.
That being said : in my case map->odom is for global positionning but is continuous and drifts over time.

I can't also let RTABMap publishes on odom->base_link. So here are my questions:
- Should I set odom = map and let the ekf publish the tf on map->base_link ?
- How can I and should I disable RTABMap from publishing it's odometry between odom->base_link ?

Re: VO and ekf

You can set publish_tf to false for rtabmap and rgbd_odometry node if you don't want them to publish TF. You may then subscribe to odom topic published by rgbd_odometry for your EKF. The frame_id and odom_frame_id will be the frames set in odom topic published by rgbd_odometry (frame_id and child_frame_id).