Velodyne Puck and D435 camera together

Rodolfo
The "test_velodyne.launch" works very well for my robot. Now I'd like to integrate the camera into the mapping. It's the Realsense D435, and works well by itself in stereo mode for mapping. However, building the right launch file for the two inputs is challenging, there are so many parameters! The ICP odometry was working well with the Lidar but now with the camera commands and stereo set to "true", Rtabmap has changed to using the stereo odometry. I saw in rqt_graph that the velodyne launch file was using my robot_localization odom as well, so that seemed good, and the maps of the robot's movement were excellent. This D435 doesn't have the IMU. Should I attach the launch file that I have worked up so far? Maybe someone else has written a better one already? The robot has a Raspberry Pi for driving and a Jetson TX1 for the Lidar and camera. I'm running Rtabmap on the laptop with Ubuntu 20.04 and Noetic ROS. Thanks!

Re: Velodyne Puck and D435 camera together

Re: Velodyne Puck and D435 camera together

Rodolfo
Thanks for that. My camera doesn't have the IMU but I may work with that launch file. I had trouble with tf and odom from the "Diffbot" base and the robot wasn't moving in the Rviz view.

Now I'm working with a robot using Ubuntu Jammy and Ros Humble. It has Linorobot2 base and uses an HP mini desktop i5 unit for CPU. I tried to install Rtabmap but compilation came up with this error:

greg@greg-HP-EliteDesk-800-G2-DM-65W:~/ros2_ws$ colcon build --symlink-install --cmake-args -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
Starting >>> rtabmap
--- stderr: rtabmap
CMake Deprecation Warning at CMakeLists.txt:72 (cmake_policy):
  The OLD behavior for policy CMP0043 will be removed from a future version
  of CMake.

  The cmake-policies(7) manual explains that the OLD behaviors of all
  policies are deprecated and that a policy should be set to OLD only under
  specific short-term circumstances.  Projects should be ported to the NEW
  behavior and not rely on setting a policy to OLD.

CMake Warning at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt5/Qt5Config.cmake:39 (message):
  Failed to find Qt5 component "Svg" config file at
  "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt5Svg/Qt5SvgConfig.cmake"
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:300 (FIND_PACKAGE)

CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.22/Modules/FindCUDA.cmake:859 (message):
  Specify CUDA_TOOLKIT_ROOT_DIR
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/local/zed/zed-config.cmake:72 (find_package)
  CMakeLists.txt:549 (find_package)

---
Failed   <<< rtabmap [5.66s, exited with code 1]

  1 package failed: rtabmap
  1 package had stderr output: rtabmap
  1 package not processed
greg@greg-HP-EliteDesk-800-G2-DM-65W:~/ros2_ws$

That's a mystery why it's looking for Cuda, for no Nvidia products are included in this robot.

Thanks for your good work. I was glad to see the Ros2 launch file for Velodyne yesterday!

Russ

Re: Velodyne Puck and D435 camera together

It is looking for cuda because ZED SDK is installed. You can build with "--cmake-args -DWITH_ZED=OFF" to avoid searching for cuda.