about some params meaning

mantouRobot
Hi~
      Although I have read the rtabmap_ros param wiki, I still can't understand some params meaning. They are here: ~map_filter_radius, ~map_filter_angle, cloud_frustum_culling. Can u give me some advice?
      Thank u so much.

Re: about some params meaning

map_filter_radius and map_filter_angle are used for the same thing, reducing the number of nodes shown or assembled in the map. For example, if you set map_filter_radius to 1 meter, only 1 point cloud for 1 meter radius will be assembled in the global map. On loop closure for example, then only the newest node will be assembled in the map.

cloud_frustum_culling parameter is removed in recent versions (octomap outputs are preferred). For 0.11.8, cloud_frustum_culling clears points of /cloud_map in the current camera frustum. Obstacles cleared would reappear when the camera is not seeing the same place. It is why octomap outputs are now preferred, as obstacles are cleared for good.