about the rtabmap source code understand

about the rtabmap source code understand

mantouRobot
Hi, matlabbe~
      i want to understand the source code of the rtabmap and rtabmap_ros, i already know about the computer vision, the SLAM theroty about the front end and the graph optimizer back end, and the two papers about the rtabmap. But the source code is still difficult for me to understand, i.e. the classes' devided, constructor and so on. Could u give me more advice to better quickly to read the source code?
      Thank u so much from my heart~

Re: about the rtabmap source code understand

The main loop of rtabmap is the Rtabmap::process(...) method. This can be a good place to start. It follows Algorithm 1 of the paper (Appearance-Based Loop Closure Detection for Online Large-Scale and Long-Term Operation). Note that some stuff for RGB-D SLAM were added over the past years, but the memory management/loop closure steps are still the same.

cheers