apt install and the source install

mantouRobot
Hi~
      I found that if I had installed the rtabmap and rtabmap_ros through the apt-get, then I can't compile the source code successfully by catkin_make. I don't know what's happened.
      Thank u, matlabbe~

Re: apt install and the source install

mantouRobot
DbPlayerNode.cpp:133:25: error: invalid user-defined conversion from ‘int’ to ‘const string& {aka const std::basic_string<char>&}’ [-fpermissive]
  if(!reader.init(startId))

Re: apt install and the source install

Uninstall binaries:
$ sudo apt-get remove ros-kinetic-rtabmap

For the error, which version are you building?

      I apt-get installed the indigo version, then source install the indigo branch.
      Thank u so much.

Re: apt install and the source install

mantouRobot
Hi~
      if i uninstall rtabmap core through apt-get remove ros-indigo-rtabmap, the catkin_make for the rtabmap_ros-indigo will say can't find the rtabmap package...

Re: apt install and the source install

Make sure to make/install rtabmap libraries. Step 2 here.

Re: apt install and the source install

mantouRobot
Hi~
     can't apt-get install the core and catkin_make the rtabmap_ros?
     and if  apt-get install ros-indigo-rtabmap and then catkin_make the master branch will occur error, say must 0.11.10...
      Thank u~

Re: apt install and the source install

You can install ros-indigo-rtabmap and build rtabmap_ros from source. Make sure to use indigo-devel branch of rtabmap_ros. Just tried it and rtabmap_ros (indigo_devel branch) can be built without problems against ros-indigo-rtabmap binaries.

#make sure rtabmap_ros binaries are not installed
$ sudo apt-get remove ros-indigo-rtabmap-ros

$ sudo apt-get install ros-indigo-rtabmap
$ cd ~/catkin_ws/src
$ git clone https://github.com/introlab/rtabmap_ros.git
$ cd rtabmap_ros
$ git checkout indigo-devel
$ cd ~/catkin_ws
$ catkin_make

Make sure that there are no rtabmap libraries installed in "~/catkin_ws/devel/lib" or "/usr/local/lib", so that rtabmap_ros finds rtabmap installed in "/opt/ros/indigo/lib".

Re: apt install and the source install

mantouRobot
Hi~
      Thank u very much, i get it.
      And I found a very strange thing that the copy of rtabmap_ros-indigo-devel from github is not the same with the git checkout to indigo-dev branch. In the DbPlayerNode.cpp of copy, the "reader.init(startId)" will compile error, and for the DbPlayerNode.cpp in the checkout to indigo-dev, no such code.
      further more, i wan't use the nodelet in my indigo, so i compile the master branch. but something error:
      CMake Error at rtabmap_ros/CMakeLists.txt:21 (find_package):
      Could not find a configuration file for package "RTABMap" that is compatible with requested version "0.11.10".
      The following configuration files were considered but not accepted:
      /opt/ros/indigo/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/rtabmap-0.11/RTABMapConfig.cmake, version: 0.11.8
      /opt/ros/indigo/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/rtabmap-0.11/RTABMapConfig.cmake, version: 0.11.8
      Thank u so much~

Re: apt install and the source install

Can you give links of "rtabmap_ros-indigo-devel" and "indigo-dev branch", they should be the same. "reader.init(startId)" doesn't exist in indigo-devel branch, see https://github.com/introlab/rtabmap_ros/blob/indigo-devel/src/DbPlayerNode.cpp#L142.

If you want to use rtabmap nodelet, compile rtabmap from master branch too, remove ros-indigo-rtabmap, then follow all steps from rtabmap_ros installation instructions.

      all steps include the "Optional dependencies" steps?
      Thank u~

Re: apt install and the source install

mantouRobot
Hi~
      i source install rtabmap master branch and rtabmap_ros master branch for my indigo, it's can successfully install. But after I mapped, I launch these params to localization(use nodelet):"

    but i can't localization, the loopClosureId is always 0.
    Any advice?
    what's more, if i use node instead of nodelet, it's will say "The working memory is empty and the memory is not".
    thank u so much~

Re: apt install and the source install

Make sure you mapped a minimum of nodes for localization. See this tutorial's Localization Mode section.

Show exactly what launch file and parameters you are using. I tried rtabmap.launch (nodes) and test_rtabmap_nodelets.launch (nodelets) examples and in mapping and localization modes there is no problem. If you are using the source from master, make sure to update the git so you have this commit related to "always deleted database on start" bug.

cheers