can rtabmap save the map data if it's suddenly power off?

can rtabmap save the map data if it's suddenly power off?

mantouRobot
Hi~
      I found that when in the mapping mode and suddenly power off the rtabmap can't save the map data or the map data can't used for localization. Am I right?
      Thank u so much~

Re: can rtabmap save the map data if it's suddenly power off?

yes you are right. There is an issue opened about that to save automatically to database every new changes instead of keeping them in RAM (and saved them to database only on closing).

Re: can rtabmap save the map data if it's suddenly power off?

mantouRobot
Hi~
      Thank u for reply. any solvers for this issue? I use the service "backup", but the data.db.backup can't work as well as the raw map db.
      Thank u.

Re: can rtabmap save the map data if it's suddenly power off?

This issue is on low priority. Just tried the backup service (on latest code) and it works as it should. What is the difference between both databases? Note that after the backup, the current database still continue to grow if you are in mapping mode, which may had differences between the databases.

Re: can rtabmap save the map data if it's suddenly power off?

mantouRobot
Yes, the database backup can used for localization but need to rename from *.db.backup to *.db.