grid_map_assembler for localization

Bill
I'm quite happy with maps created by RTABMap with RGB-D and laser, and with grid_map_assembler I am able to run move_base navigation.  But when I do demo_robot_localization by loading existing db and visualizing using rviz (which runs the grid_map_assembler node), no 2D map is generated.  I'm trying to run navigation using previously saved rtabmap database.. please help!

Re: grid_map_assembler for localization

Call this service when the database is loaded from rtabmap:
$ rosservice call /rtabmap/publish_map 1 1 0
This will send all data to grid_map_assembler so it can generate the 2d map.

Note that latest code from source, grid_map_assembler is not required, rtabmap already publishes the grid map (so no need to call the service on start) under "grid_map" topic.

Update
Well, the robot should find a loop closure (re-localize) before the grid map can be shown.

Re: grid_map_assembler for localization

Bill
thanks.  the latest code indeed publishes the grid map automatically!! :)

Re: grid_map_assembler for localization

Bill
For people on the same boat, the new build-in grid-map parameter for grid map cell size is "grid_cell_size" :-)