how can test rtabmap with IDOL 2 dataset?

how can test rtabmap with IDOL 2 dataset?

m.omar82
dear friends I like to test IDOL 2 dataset,

I need to generate the map using set of images and test the loop close with different set of images.
can we use rtabmap-console
IDOL provided different set of image for the same area (sun light & night).

Re: how can test rtabmap with IDOL 2 dataset?

m.omar82
I find it

1st we we call rtabmap-console with dataset_1 path and we use this parameters for show where the new map will be save, e.g:

-input /home/toto/Documents/RTAB-Map/rtabmapconsole.db
when call rtabmap-console with dataset_2 path and the same database path, rtabmap system will automatic load the database and use it.

 I need to generate ground truth for this dataset

Re: how can test rtabmap with IDOL 2 dataset?

The ground truth files must be created manually. You can use Gimp/MsPaint to create a matrix of the ground truth. Black pixels are no loop closures and white pixels are loop closures.

To help creating the ground truth, you can use the rtabmap-console to generate a first draft "ground truth" using the "-createGT" argument. You should manually verify that white pixels are correct and add a margin around the loop closures detected. You may need to add white pixels on loop closures not found.

For example with the sample dataset:
$ cd rtabmap/bin
$ ./rtabmap-console -createGT data/samples
The generated ground truth "GroundTruth_generated.bmp" can be compared to the manually updated one here. I put them here for info:
 ---- manually update --->

(Note also that I have just fixed an issue for the saved file name.)

After that, you can follow directives on the Benchmark page to compute Recall/Precision curve using the ground truth created.