how to get RGB and depth images form databaseViewer

how to get RGB and depth images form databaseViewer

guan
Hi everyone,

I tried to save the depth image and got the pcd with PCL, but the result was wrong.
It looks like the depth information is ignored. So is there the right way to get the depth image?

Re: how to get RGB and depth images form databaseViewer

Did you save the depth image by using the right-click menu on the image view? This should not be used to save depth images (it only saves what it is shown as a RGB format). You should use the following in Database Viewer: File -> "Extract images..." to actually extract 16bits depth images.

You have to convert the extracted RGB images from JPEG to PNG format to make PCL's png2pcd tool work:
$ pcl_png2pcd --intensity_type FLOAT rgb/1.png depth/1.png 1.pcd

Re: how to get RGB and depth images form databaseViewer

guan
Oh my god, I forgot to check the menu bar. It's my fault.