local costmap not showing up

Noctis
This post was updated on .
HI Mathieu,

Am using a D435i for SLAM.

The global costmap is appearing fine, however, the local costmap refuses to show up after trying out different methods.

However, changing costmap to map does display the local square map, though it is empty

These are my params file, appreciate your help!

Re: local costmap not showing up

The local costmap is independent of rtabmap, look at possible warnings on terminal.

Re: local costmap not showing up

Noctis
Unfortunately, there are no warnings on terminal. The only seemingly relevant one is Recovery behavior clears the obstacle layer, but disabling recovery behavior in move_base still doesnt cause the local costmap appear. Since I am using RGBD, do I have to replace obstaclelayer with voxellayer or obstaclelayer will still work fine?

Re: local costmap not showing up

Not sure what is wrong with your config, you can check those https://github.com/introlab/rtabmap_ros/tree/master/launch/azimut3/config if it can help you find something different.