looking to learn the innards of RGB-D SLAM

looking to learn the innards of RGB-D SLAM

AlexanderTheOK
Hello again, I've successfully used RTABMAP for my own hobbyist projects, but I personally would like to understand how RGB-D SLAM works on the inside, and possibly make my own implementation. Unfortunately, it seems my googling skills are failing me, since most of my searches yield information that is either too high level, with prerequisite knowledge not stated, or it involves simply implementing solutions created by others.

Is there any educational source that has a comprehensive collection of the knowledge involved, i.e the theory, mathematics, and programming? I'm really interested but I feel like I've hit a bit of a slog and have no idea where to start.