odometry data fusion

Jimmy Notron
hi guys
im working on fusing data with rtab and IMU
and i have some question

1- whats the rtabmap odometry data Standard ? i mean its in odom_base coordinate ?

im reading this tutorial in section of Axis orientation they wrote that the camera data standard is "Z forward && ...) i think its not standard of rtabmap is it true?

2- whats type of orientation standard of rtabmap odometry ?
i mean its compact representation and without any singularity ?

3-i wanna calculate robot heading with orientation
is the orientation of rtabmap  is rate of angle or angle ? whats the unit of orientation (rad or deg ) ?
way to go! ;)

Re: odometry data fusion

You can look at this tutorial  and nav_msgs/Odometry description for some info about what odometry fields mean. Odometry's position is in odom frame, while twist is in base_link frame.

Camera frame is z forward, y down and x right. Usually we apply a rotation (-PI/2 0 -PI/2) to put the camera in base_link frame. Odometry is computed in base_link frame so that we have x forward, y left and z up.

See nav_msgs/Odometry for the odometry format.

Orientation units are in rad or rad/s for twists.

Re: odometry data fusion

Jimmy Notron
Tnx
I wanna use this odometry data for my robot
and i think that i need all position in map frame is it true?

because odom_frame is moving during robot displacment and its not Inertial Coordinate maybe i make mistake please let me know
way to go! ;)

Re: odometry data fusion

Odometry position is in /odom frame. Odometry twist is in /base_link frame. Only rtabmap publishes /map -> /odom frame. See also REP 105.

cheers