rgbd_sync vs data_throttle, which one to use

rgbd_sync vs data_throttle, which one to use

alexr
Hi,

I am confused about which nodelet to use when recording data with ros and rtabmap. My setup is 2d Lidar, RGBD sensor, VLP 16 and robot odometry. Can you provide an example file for the same for recording data. When recording at max rate, the rosbag gets very big and message starts dropping. I could not figure out an optimized way for recording rosbags for the same. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
------ Alex

Re: rgbd_sync vs data_throttle, which one to use

rosbags can increase in size pretty fast indeed. I don't know the topics you want to record, but here is an example:
rosbag record /tf /tf_static /scan /velodyne_points /camera/rgb/image_rect_color /camera/rgb/camera_info /camera/depth_registered/image_raw

To save some space when recording, it is also possible to save compressed images:
rosbag record /tf /tf_static /scan /velodyne_points /camera/rgb/image_rect_color/compressed /camera/rgb/camera_info /camera/depth_registered/image_raw/compressedDepth