rtabmap-0.20.9-noetic crashing with exit code-6

rtabmap-0.20.9-noetic crashing with exit code-6

Amber
Hi Matheu,
I have been trying to set up RTAB-Map-0.20.9 with ROS support in a system with the following specifications.
i7-11thGen
ubuntu-20.04
============
The following dependencies are found to complete rtabmap_ros compilation.

GTSAM-4.0.2
Boost-1.71.0 (default)
opencv-4.2.0 with opencv_contrib-4.2.01
librealsense-2.48.0
gcc-9.3 (default) throws compilation with GTSAM 4.0.1 only. So, I have upgraded to gcc-10.3.

Now, while running rtabmap mapping node, it crashes before the node even starts. I receive the following output in the terminal while running in the debug mode with launch-prefix="gdb -ex run args"

Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Warning: /home/anindya/.ros/scan_cloud:=/velodyne_points: No such file or directory.
args: No such file or directory.
"/home/anindya/novus_ws/devel/lib/rtabmap_ros/rtabmap" is not a core dump: file format not recognized
Starting program:
No executable file specified.
Use the "file" or "exec-file" command.

Please let me know if you have a fix for this.

regards,

Re: rtabmap-0.20.9-noetic crashing with exit code-6

based on this: http://wiki.ros.org/roslaunch/Tutorials/Roslaunch%20Nodes%20in%20Valgrind%20or%20GDB, the launhc-prefix should be "gdb -ex run --args", not "gdb -ex run args". gsb seems to try to start executable "args", which doesn't exist.

Note for gtsam, I usually use the binary version: https://gtsam.org/get_started/ (Install GTSAM from Ubuntu PPA), use stable release (gtsam-release-4.0).