rtabmap and localization of d435 and t265

rtabmap and localization of d435 and t265

TOM_RB
hi
i am using 3 d435 cameras and one t265 camera
i want to do mapping and localization of my two wheeled robot
the mapping is done well ..
but i did not know the next steps for doing localization
can any one help me plz .. ??

this is the launch file of my work >>
demo_3d.launch
TOM SMITH

Re: rtabmap and localization of d435 and t265

To do only localization, well, your launch has already "localization" argument, just set it to true.

Re: rtabmap and localization of d435 and t265

TOM_RB

Thank you so much for the response.
the problem is that when i launch my file in rtabmap , and first upload the previous saved map in the database ..
rtabmap doesn't show me that the robot is in correct position in the map .. which means that localization was not working properly.

another question about obstacle detection and path planning .. is there a tutorial or launch file that i can benefit from in my application.
Thanks again.
TOM SMITH

Re: rtabmap and localization of d435 and t265

TOM_RB
is my rtabmap parameters correct or i need to modify something or add other parameters ??

also
this warning always appear when i launch my file :

createLocalMap() Cannot create local map, scan is empty (node=13430)
TOM SMITH

Re: rtabmap and localization of d435 and t265

You don't need this:
<node pkg="tf" type="static_transform_publisher" name="base_link_map" args="0 0 0 0 0 0 /base_link /map 100"/>
<node pkg="tf" type="static_transform_publisher" name="base_link_odom" args="0 0 0 0 0 3.14 /base_link /odom 100"/>

On localization, rtabmap assumes that it is starting from the last localization of the previous session. If it doesn't start at the right place (e.g., kidnapped robot problem), move around until it relocalizes.