rtabmap-export tool

huibuh
Hello Mat
I would like to export the assembled clouds as *.ply from a rtabmap database file without having to open the standalone GUI. I noticed that the rtabmap-export tool provides exactly the functionality I require. However, I cannot get good results compared to when using the GUI.

In the GUI, I use these settings:

... to get this result:

On the command line, I use this command:
rtabmap-export --bin --ba --decimation 1 ./rtabmap.db
and the result looks like this:

I made sure it is using the same voxel size size, and also played with some of the parameters which rtabmap-export exposes.

I realize that rtabmap-export is just considered an example and does not offer the same options as the GUI. However, I would be grateful if you could point out how I should modify the code to get the same results as the GUI cloud export produces.

Cheers!

P.S.: This is on an Ubuntu 18 machine running RTAB-Map 0.20.9

Re: rtabmap-export tool

It is the same cloud, it is just that the export tool always computes normals. You can disable the shading in MeshLab, you would see exactly the same cloud as above.

rtabmap-export is not an example anymore but more a tool now. Most often used options from UI have been ported to this command line tool. To avoid over complicating the code, normals are still always computed with the tool.

Re: rtabmap-export tool

huibuh
Hi,
You're right, by selecting "Render->Lighting->Lights On/Off" in MeshLab, the map looks the same as the one produced by the rtabmap GUI application.

Thank you, keep up the great work!

Cheers