rtabmap_ros on Odroid XU4

elgarbe
Hi, may I use an Odroid XU4 computer just to record kinect (v1) and hokuyo lidara data for offline processing?
if yes, then I need to install binary package or do I need to build from source?
For kinect v1 do I need to install another package?

Thank!

Re: rtabmap_ros on Odroid XU4

You don't need to install rtabmap on Odroid if you are only recording. Just launch kinect driver and lidar driver to publish the messages and record them in a rosbag. For kinect, I usually use freenect_launch package, otherwise openni_launch.

Re: rtabmap_ros on Odroid XU4

elgarbe
It seems that I need some other package?, I git clone https://github.com/ros-drivers/freenect_stack and try to catkin_make and get this error:
In file included from /home/elgarbe/catkin_ws_kinect/src/freenect_stack/freenect_camera/src/nodelets/driver.h:54:0,
                 from /home/elgarbe/catkin_ws_kinect/src/freenect_stack/freenect_camera/src/nodelets/driver.cpp:39:
/home/elgarbe/catkin_ws_kinect/src/freenect_stack/freenect_camera/include/freenect_camera/freenect_driver.hpp:4:37: fatal error: libfreenect/libfreenect.h: No existe el archivo o el directorio
compilation terminated.

thank

Re: rtabmap_ros on Odroid XU4

for freenect, you need to install the libfreenect library. If libfreenect/libfreenect.h is still missing, there is many a version issue. You may ask on freenect_stack github issues for help, or on ROS answers.

The camera may also work with openni_launch.

Re: rtabmap_ros on Odroid XU4

elgarbe
Ok, it is working ok with openni in my PC.
I will go on in my odroid. May I install rtabmap_ros in odroid in order to test that everything is working ok before start recording data?

Thank!

Re: rtabmap_ros on Odroid XU4

You may just record a small rosbag, then copy it on PC with rtabmap_ros installed.

Example recording on Odroid:
$ roslaunch openni_launch openni.launch depth_registration:=true
$ rosbag record -O recorded.bag /tf /camera/rgb/image_rect_color /camera/depth_registered/image_raw /camera/rgb/camera_info

** copy recorded.bag on PC **

On PC, to replay the bag:
$ roslaunch rtabmap_ros rtabmap.launch rtabmap_args:="--delete_db_on_start" use_sim_time:=true
$ rosbag play --clock recorded.bag