/rtabmap/rtabmap: Did not receive data since 5 seconds!

/rtabmap/rtabmap: Did not receive data since 5 seconds!

MalarJN
This post was updated on .
rtabmap_debug_log.txtframes.pdfHi,

I am trying to run a simulation project using the following commands in an Amazon EC2 Ubuntu  instance: Below are the commands I am executing
$ roslaunch turtlebot_gazebo turtlebot_world.launch world_file:=xyz.world gui:=false
$ roslaunch rtabmap_ros demo_turtlebot_mapping.launch simulation:=true
$ roslaunch rtabmap_ros demo_turtlebot_rviz.launch

Note that I am using the default launch files.

However on launching rtabmap using the second command above, I get the following message:
[ WARN] [1597625438.591012809, 1119.702000000]: /rtabmap/rtabmap: Did not receive data since 5 seconds! Make sure the input topics are published ("$ rostopic hz my_topic") and the timestamps in their header are set. If topics are coming from different computers, make sure the clocks of the computers are synchronized ("ntpdate"). If topics are not published at the same rate, you could increase "queue_size" parameter (current=10).
/rtabmap/rtabmap subscribed to (approx sync):
   /camera/rgb/image_raw,
   /camera/depth/image_raw,
   /camera/rgb/camera_info,
   /scan

I do notice that the topics above are not published. I have tried using a different world file with gazebo but in vain.
How would I go about fixing this issue? If the "queue_size" needs to be increased as suggested in the message, how would I do that?

Attaching the frames.pdf and the rtabmap command debug log for reference
Versions used- Ubuntu 16.04/Ros-Kinetic/Gazebo 7.16/rtabmap 19.6

Edit 1- I modified the queue_size parameter to 30 and that did not help either.

Re: /rtabmap/rtabmap: Did not receive data since 5 seconds!

seanxu112
It seems like the topics are not remapped correctly? Do you know which topics your rgb image data are? rtabmap is defaulted to /camera/rgd/image_raw, but it seems like your image is published to that topic name. I am not so familiar with Amazon EC2 nor turtlebot. Just wants to give my  two cents.

Re: /rtabmap/rtabmap: Did not receive data since 5 seconds!

crossref: https://answers.ros.org/question/359747/rtabmaprtabmap-did-not-receive-data-since-5-seconds/

Looks like the simulator is not able to provide the sensor topics...