rtabmap saveclouds

JaneLee
Hello, i have a problem about how the clouds are save. In the function saveclous(), the size of clouds is judged:when the clouds size is greater than 1, the parts of cloud are stored to hard disk iteratively. I noticed that the filename is different in each iteration, but why the output result is only one point cloud?:)thank you~

Re: rtabmap saveclouds

JaneLee
Plus, is there any way to store the each clouds with time information?THx~

Re: rtabmap saveclouds

You are referring to this MainWindow::saveClouds() method. When there is only one cloud, it is saved to a single file, this is used when all clouds were merged together before saving the cloud. In the Export dialog, you must uncheck "Assemble clouds to a single cloud" to save all clouds separately.

To save the timestamps, the code may need to be changed. However, depending the precision you need, the IDs can be used. The clouds are saved with their respective ID. The IDs are incremented each time a new cloud is added to the map, so accordingly to Detection rate. For example, for a detection rate of 1 Hz, the time between two IDs is ~1 sec. For 2 Hz, the time between two IDs would be ~500 ms. I'll still check if I can add an option to save the timestamp in the file name too.

Cheers