rtabmap would not compile

Y.C

rtabmap would not compile

Y.C
Hi,

I need to reinstall rtabmap on my laptop.

I am following the installation guide on this page:https://github.com/introlab/rtabmap_ros

using sudo apt-get install ros-indigo-rtabmap-ros  didn't get me anywhere, so I have decided to build it from source.

I have followed the instruction until I use catkin_make to build the package in ROS when the following errors appeared:

-- rtabmap_ros: 9 messages, 6 services
-- WITH costmap_2d
CMake Error at rtabmap_ros/CMakeLists.txt:180 (target_link_libraries):
  Target "voxel_grid" of type EXECUTABLE may not be linked into another
  target.  One may link only to STATIC or SHARED libraries, or to executables
  with the ENABLE_EXPORTS property set.

-- WITH octomap
CMake Error at rtabmap_ros/CMakeLists.txt:201 (target_link_libraries):
  Target "voxel_grid" of type EXECUTABLE may not be linked into another
  target.  One may link only to STATIC or SHARED libraries, or to executables
  with the ENABLE_EXPORTS property set.

There are other error messages like this. It all has to do with "voxel_grid". But I don't know what when wrong.'

Not sure what I can do with it.

Can someone please help me?

Regards,
Y.C

Re: rtabmap would not compile

It is strange, "voxel_grid" is from PCL. I've built again on my Virtual Machine (Indigo) and no problems.

Y.C wrote
using sudo apt-get install ros-indigo-rtabmap-ros  didn't get me anywhere, so I have decided to build it from source.
What do you mean by "didn't get me anywhere"? The binaries should be installed like any other ROS binaries.

cheers
Y.C

Re: rtabmap would not compile

Y.C
Honestly, I am not sure what is happening here.

When I use "apt-get", I can install the program, but I cannot run it. I input 'rtabmap' in the terminal, the rtabmap logo shows up quickly before it was forced to quit, and says segmentation fault.

This problem also occured the last time when I tried to install it. I fiddled with it and eventually was able build it from source, but this time I guess I am just not that lucky.