rtabmapviz crashes

yanmingz
This post was updated on .
I meet some problems to run rtabampviz. It crashed before entering the main function. The output of GDB show the program breaks at  boost::math::lanczos::lanczos_initializer.

I check the version from 0.10.10 to 0.10.12. They all have this issue on my desktop.

I googled the problem and find a post related to my problem:
http://answers.ros.org/question/194699/segmentation-fault-when-using-correspondencerejectorsampleconsensus/

It says that you can't use C++11 with PCL, But RTABMap requires G2O and GTSAM which requires c++11.

Another post suggests to compile PCL with c++11 form source.
https://github.com/felixendres/rgbdslam_v2/issues/8

My questions is: have you met similar problems?  how do you resolve it? Do you compile PCL by yourself, not install with apt-get?

BTW, I installed rtabmap and rtabmap_ros with apt-get. The version number is 0.10.10. The installed version works well.

Thanks a lot.
Yanming

Re: rtabmapviz crashes

Hi Yanming,

I checked again with Ubuntu 14.04, ROS Indigo, gcc(4.8.4), PCL 1.7 (libpcl-1.7-all-dev), g2o (ros-indigo-libg2o), rtabmap built from source (0.10.12) with c++11, and I don't have this error when launching "rgbd_mapping.launch" for example.

Is the standalone launching correctly ("$ rtabmap")? Is it only rtabmapviz node that has this error, or rtabmap and rgbd_odometry nodes too?

The c++11 requirement came from this commit, introduced in 0.10.12. If you build rtabmap without GTSAM and G2O, the c++11 flag will not be added. However, you will not have access to GTSAM or G2O, only TORO (default) for graph optimization.
$ cd rtabmap/build
$ cmake -DWITH_GTSAM=OFF -DWITH_G2O=OFF ..
I think g2o binaries installed from ROS (ros-indigo-libg2o) don't require c++11. You could comment the lines added to main CMakeLists.txt in the above commit.

Re: rtabmapviz crashes

yanmingz
Hi Mathieu,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I repeated your building process and the program works well. (without -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE)

I found the node crashes if I compile in debug mode with (-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug).

The standalone version works well, no matter which mode I compile with.For ROS version, only rtabmapviz can't work if compiled with debug mode.

Thanks again.

Yanming