some confusion about the parameters when reproduce the IROS 2014 Kinect Challenge

some confusion about the parameters when reproduce the IROS 2014 Kinect Challenge

frank1990
I am new to rtabmap this amazing tool,recently i want to  reproduce the IROS 2014 Kinect Challenge  usuing the datafiles  in the rtabmap-ros wiki.

 Everything goes fine when I  set rtabmap to use the odometry saved in the database, as the screenshot below

disable "Ignore odemetry saved in the database,..."
nice work

But when I choose to igonre the odometry saved in the database ,then i got the errors about the odometry,so the map generation failed.

enable "Ignore odemetry saved in the database,..."
odometry error
map generation failed

How can I fixed it? many thanks

Re: some confusion about the parameters when reproduce the IROS 2014 Kinect Challenge

In the challenge, wheel odometry was used instead of visual odometry (setup example here). The database includes also only key-frames used for mapping/loop closure detection, at low framerate (this case 2 Hz). Visual odometry should run at least at 10 Hz. Visual odometry using this database will be always lost (as your red screens).

For this database, you should use the odometry saved inside.

Re: some confusion about the parameters when reproduce the IROS 2014 Kinect Challenge

frank1990
Get it.Thank you very much!

Re: some confusion about the parameters when reproduce the IROS 2014 Kinect Challenge

matlabbe
By the way ,I just find a "BUG" about the reply system in this forum.
Anonymous replyer name could be anything,this would bring some confusion.
As you see,I am "matlabbe" now.

Re: some confusion about the parameters when reproduce the IROS 2014 Kinect Challenge

I modified the permissions :P