t265+d455 vs two d455

Grubert
Dear Mathieu,

I am working on a robotics research project aimed for both indoor and outdoor use. However, the field of view of one D455 is not sufficient for the application, and one trade-off I found is to use the depth from the T265. However, the depth cloud is not the greatest.

What would you recommend?
2 x D455 cameras, but no T265 or 1 x T265 (with depth) + 1 x D455?
Specifically, we are interested in the quality of the Odometry.

Thank you in advance!

Re: t265+d455 vs two d455

when you say "D455 is not sufficient for the application", in term of obstacle detection or odometry accuracy? I would suggest to use T255 odometry while feeding one or two D455 to rtabmap node.