tf from map to odom always null...

aerydna
maybe it's a newby question but.. i'm trying to get rtabmapping working and i'm having an issue

my setup:
0. i'm using rviz as vision system
1. my own module publish a tf from odom to mobile_base_body
2. robot state publisher is publishing all the tf from mobile_base_body to the rest of the robots
3. gazebo is sending the images correctly and the point clouds are generated correctly
4. everything seems to work fine but..

rtabmap is publishing the tf from map to odom but always with zero value.. it seems like that no loop closure are computed and so no correction on the odometry.. there is no error message anywhere..

help... please..

Re: tf from map to odom always null...

aerydna
i am very sorry.. i just found that in order to make the module work a have to create an info layer in rviz that subscibe to the info topic.. sorry

close the topic

thanks

Re: tf from map to odom always null...

The TF /map -> /odom will be Identity unless a loop closure is found. Note that in a simulated environment, finding loop closures my be difficult if there are not so many visual features.

cheers