the camera has reached the end of stream

the camera has reached the end of stream

walklin
Hi Mathieu,

when using RTAB-Map, sometimes after some minutes working, the program gives this bug:

the camera has reached the end of stream

the camera has reached the end of stream!

And there is no way to restore it... do you know what happen?

Thanks!

walklin

Re: the camera has reached the end of stream

This message appears when the camera thread sends an empty image, which generally means that no more images can be get from the selected source of images. Which source are you using?

When you say "there is no way to restore it...", does the application freeze?

Re: the camera has reached the end of stream

walklin
Hi,Matlabbe,

Sorry for replying late. I use rtabmap with Asus xtion pro. And the application is froze when the bug occurs.

Do I select another source driver?

Best regards,

walklin

Re: the camera has reached the end of stream

Which version of Ubuntu are you on? Which RTAB-Map version are you using? Do OpenNI2 and OpenNI-PCL drivers have the same problem?

Re: the camera has reached the end of stream

walklin
I use RTAB-Map-0.10.6 on Ubuntu 14.04. I just used OpenNI-PCL  driver for ASUS Xtion Pro whitout installing OpenNI2. I think this may be caused by moving too fast. Right?

Re: the camera has reached the end of stream

The message box above should not appear when using sensors. If it appears, there is maybe a problem with the acquisition on the USB. Do you see any warnings/errors on the terminal? The problem comes from this method, which seems to return null data. Is your Xtion plugged in a USB 3 or USB 2?

You could also try to install OpenNI2 to see if could work instead of OpenNI. If you have ROS, you can simply install openni2 like that:
sudo apt-get install ros-indigo-openni2-camera
then build again rtabmap.

Re: the camera has reached the end of stream

Suzy
Hello,

I am facing the same question.
I directly download rtabmap-ros distribution under a ros on a ubuntu 14.04.

You mentioned at last that rebuilt the rtabmap. does it mean that I need to build rtabmap from souce instead of ros version?

Thanks so much for your time and attention.