the results are different on VMware ubuntu 16.04 and ubuntu 16.04 computer

the results are different on VMware ubuntu 16.04 and ubuntu 16.04 computer

hanD
vmware result
ubuntu computer

Hi guys,
I run the ''demo_robot_mapping.launch'' with the ''demo_mapping.bag'' , on ubuntu computer ,the result is fine . But on the VMware ubuntu ,the map is wrong , the proximity detections seems not working , then I play the rosbag with speed=0.6 ,but the result is wrong ,it's not the CPU problem;  I can't find out what's the problem ,  as both system are installed the rtabmap by ''apt-get install ros-kinetic-rtabmap-ros'' .....  looking forward for your help  , thank you !!!

Re: the results are different on VMware ubuntu 16.04 and ubuntu 16.04 computer

looks like the proximity detections worked (there are yellow pixels in the grid map) until the first turn on left of the map when coming back. I don't see why there would be a difference between the setups. I cannot unfortunately test the WMWare +16.04+kinetic binaries (with my limited time). If you can reproduce the same problem with VMWare+20.04+noetic, I could take a look.

Note that looking at the old demo launch file from kinetic, the Icp/CorrespondenceRatio may be high: https://github.com/introlab/rtabmap_ros/blob/82bcecdd454e3900eef91fb7035718331ad1e495/launch/demo/demo_robot_mapping.launch#L56