unable to re-open large point cloud db files scanned/using iPad Pro w/ lidar

unable to re-open large point cloud db files scanned/using iPad Pro w/ lidar

smicha84
hello,

I am able to scan a large point cloud using my iPad Pro w/ lidar. it's great. the resulting .db file is 500+ MB. I am also able to optimize it, and assemble it into a point cloud same density, as well as export it into a .ply file. I was able to get the .ply file to open properly in Sketchfab. and I was able to close the app, and after reopening it, I could locate the file in the rtab map directory, and load it and it would be fine no crashing.

however, after some time has gone, I try to reopen the same file on the ipad, and the app crashes each time, it looks like there is now a limit on how much memory is allowed to be used for db viewing...

I'm not a techie person. please help me understand/solve this problem. I have cleared my RAM before loading the file, and I have absolutely no apps open.

please advise, thank you.

Re: unable to re-open large point cloud db files scanned/using iPad Pro w/ lidar

If it is a RAM problem, you can try to decrease point cloud density in general setting. Set it to lowest density, so at least for visualization it wont take too much RAM. The database could also be open with RTAB-Map desktop version.