use a front-back camera to do the stereo mapping

use a front-back camera to do the stereo mapping

sean
Hi,

Is it possible to use a front-back camera to do the stereo mapping, instead of a left-right one?

For example, when processing a side-by-side stereo video, the right side is captured by a camera behind the first one and the first camera is invisible on this side.

I've tried to set the projection matrix of the second camera as [... 0; ... 0; ... -1], but RTAP-Map notified "Camera is not calibrated".

thanks.

Re: use a front-back camera to do the stereo mapping

no, it is not possible. The purpose of stereo is to compute a disparity between left and right images (pixels on a line of the left image correspond to same line on the right image), to know the depth of the pixels. Without any overlap of the two cameras, we cannot compute this disparity.

cheers