what is the difference between odom_frame_id and odom_frame_id_init?

what is the difference between odom_frame_id and odom_frame_id_init?

Masoumeh
Hi Mattieu,

I donot know what is the difference between the following parameters, and when I should define them:

1) odom_frame_id  &  odom_frame_id_init
2)ground_truth_frame_id  &  ground_truth_base_frame_id

thanks

Re: what is the difference between odom_frame_id and odom_frame_id_init?

1) see https://github.com/introlab/rtabmap_ros/blob/cfff133ee809e7b4c68fd09ebc20f5b189318c7f/launch/rtabmap.launch#L40-L41

2) For example, if you have an optitrack or VICON system, you could set ground_truth_frame_id:=world and ground_truth_base_frame_id=tracker. Where tracker would be the tracker on the robot, and world the reference frame of the optitrack/VICON system. An example of usage can be found with RGB-D dataset: https://github.com/introlab/rtabmap_ros/blob/31da18478308689fdecfdab58c8505c558d61777/launch/tests/rgbdslam_datasets.launch#L40-L41