with Femto Bolt

Kato
Hello,

Since the Azure Kinect has been discontinued, I purchased the Orbbec Femto Bolt. I just installed RTAB-Map on my Windows machine and launched the application, but I don't know how to get it to recognize the Femto Bolt. Do I need to modify any files, or can it be recognized through software settings? As a beginner, could someone please guide me?

Thank you

kato

Re: with Femto Bolt

Re: with Femto Bolt

Kato
Hello,

Thank you for providing the solution.
Following the instructions, I copied the four files:

k4a.dll
k4arecord.dll
OrbbecSDK.dll
depthengine_2_0.dll
along with the two .lib files into the Azure Kinect SDK v1.4.2 directory and also pasted the four files into the rtabmap/build/bin directory.
However, even after doing this, RTAB-Map does not recognize the Femto Bolt.

If it were to be recognized, would the Kinect for Azure option be activated in the GUI which I attached the picture?

Or do I need to set up a different camera setings?

By the way, the sample programs for Azure Kinect run without any issues on the Femto Bolt, so I believe the .dll files from Orbbec_K4A_Wrapper are not the problem.

Where do you think the issue might be?

Re: with Femto Bolt

If you are rebuilding from source, make sure you see "--   With Kinect for Azure     = YES (License: MIT)" in cmake log. Otherwise, you may have to debug why cmake is not finding kinect 2 azure sdk.

Re: with Femto Bolt

Kato
Hello,

Thank you for giving me the best tips.

After setting the path for the environment variable K4A_ROOT_DIR, the Kinect for Azure was recognized, and 3D mapping was executed.

Now that I can finally start my project, I will learn how to use RTAB-Map.

If I have any questions about how to use it, I will look it up or ask on this forum again.

Thank you!
Good things are surely waiting for you!

Kato