How to create the dataset like "Multi-session"

How to create the dataset like "Multi-session"

Hugh
Hi,

I want to scan a large area, using Rtabmap by kinect v2, to create the 3D model. But my computer can't support me to scan one time to create a large model because the limited RAM. I try to scan the space separately to create the datasets like "https://github.com/introlab/rtabmap/wiki/Multi-session". How to create datasets that can be able to merge automatically? Thanks!

Re: How to create the dataset like "Multi-session"

Look also at the Multi-Session Mapping with RTAB-Map Tango tutorial and read the scanning tips. Note that you can reduce the density of the point clouds visualized to save more RAM (See Preferences->3D Rendering).

Re: How to create the dataset like "Multi-session"

Eric Schleicher
Have you tried running a few sessions through like in the tutorial and gotten them to register (to another?).

Typically if you make your session start and end point common between sessions RTABMAP will automatically identify the relationship between the two.  I struggled with this early on, but once i figured out how it became very predictable process.

when i say common I mean from the same perspective; not just of the same subject.

Hope that helps.

How big are the session files?