How to reduce the resolution of RTABMAP?

How to reduce the resolution of RTABMAP?

sean819
Hi,
I have Asus xtion pro live and odroid XU4.I want to use RTABMAP on XU4.
But RTABMAP is too heavy for XU4 with defult resolution.
I want to set the camera resolution to 640*480 or 360*240.
I want to find all relatives arg. in rtabmap.launch.But i can't find any.
Is there any one who know how to decrease the resolution of camera to increase the speed of XU4?
I use openni2_launch as RTABMAP's driver.

Re: How to reduce the resolution of RTABMAP?

you can look at this RaspberryPi example. In particular, look for "Decimation" related parameters:
$ rosrun rtabmap_ros rtabmap --params | grep Decimation
Param: Mem/ImagePostDecimation = "1"                       [Image decimation (>=1) of saved data in created signatures (after features extraction). Decimation is done from the original image.]
Param: Mem/ImagePreDecimation = "1"                        [Image decimation (>=1) before features extraction.]

$ rosrun rtabmap_ros rgbd_odometry --params | grep Decimation
Param: Odom/ImageDecimation = "1"                          [Decimation of the images before registration.]
Setting decimation to 2, 640x480 -> 320x240. Setting to 4, 640x480 -> 160x120.

You can also use the rtabmap_ros/data_throttle nodelet to decimate the images at the source.

Re: How to reduce the resolution of RTABMAP?

sean819
Hi,
Thank you.
I found a method but i don't know is that same as
$ rosrun rtabmap_ros rgbd_odometry --params | grep Decimation
The method is
$ rosrun rqt_reconfigure rqt_reconfigure
I have tryed it. It seems rtabmap's speed increase a little bit.
But I am not very sure it works or not.

Re: How to reduce the resolution of RTABMAP?

Which parameters did you change with "$ rosrun rqt_reconfigure rqt_reconfigure" ? rtabmap doesn't have dynamic parameters (they can be changed with rtabmapviz though). You may have Openni2 parameters with rqt_reconfigure.