Rtabmap error in process rtabmap/rgbd_odometry-1 - ubuntu on raspberry pi

Re: Rtabmap error in process rtabmap/rgbd_odometry-1 - ubuntu on raspberry pi

kapilyadav
Hi,

I am still stuck at the error. If you get past it then please tell me the solution.

Thanks,
Kapil

Re: Rtabmap error in process rtabmap/rgbd_odometry-1 - ubuntu on raspberry pi

Umair

I am experiencing the same error as you mentioned.

Could you please mention how did you solve the issue.

I compiled both rtabmap and rtabmap_ros from source on RPi 2 having Lubuntu 14.04 LTS.

Regards,
Umair

Re: Rtabmap error in process rtabmap/rgbd_odometry-1 - ubuntu on raspberry pi

w4zir
I am having the same issue on Ubuntu 14.04. Any update on the issue ?

Re: Rtabmap error in process rtabmap/rgbd_odometry-1 - ubuntu on raspberry pi

AsaWyon
As per my knowledge for the fps, the number shown on the bottom-left of the 3D Map view is related to OpenGL refresh rate, not the actual odometry or map update rates. To see odometry processing time, you can see it in the Statistics view (Window->Show view->Statistics) under Odometry/Time value. For the processing time used by the mapping, it is shown under Timing/Total value.

IC programming

Re: Rtabmap error in process rtabmap/rgbd_odometry-1 - ubuntu on raspberry pi

Hi everybody,

I finally get my hands on a RPi3. I managed to successfully build and run from source the standalone libraries. You can use apt-get to install the dependencies (you can use PCL binaries libpcl-dev (1.7.2)). From this post for RPi2, it should also work with PCL 1.8 built from source.

Note that RPi default swap size (100MB) may be too small for compilation. You can increase the size by setting "CONF_SWAPFILE=1000" of this file "/etc/dphys-swapfile".

EDIT: For a ROS example, see this post!

With some parameter tuning (Kinect v1 is used with Freenect driver), I can have between 60-160 ms odometry estimation time. The config file used is attached to this post (rtabmap.ini). In summary:
a) the source images are decimated by 2 to reduce features extraction time,
b) Odometry: local map size is decreased to 1000 features (default 2000),
c) Visual registration: max features extracted set to 500 (default 1000),
d) Vocabulary: "Use odometry features" checkbox activated.

GUI shown through X-Server ("ssh -X pi@192.168.0.1"):

Re: Rtabmap error in process rtabmap/rgbd_odometry-1 - ubuntu on raspberry pi

jasonz
I have encountered the same trouble with intel nuc,when use catkin_make you can ernter root user. eg:su - root or sudo bash.then catkin_make.Hope to help you.
12