mapping tutorial

alexfr
Hello,
I have done both tutorial for the kinect mapping with an Asus Xtion pro live.

(http://wiki.ros.org/rtabmap_ros/Tutorials/HandHeldMapping and https://github.com/introlab/rtabmap/wiki/Kinect-mapping).

When I use the tutorial on github (no launch file), the mapping is very accurate and the odometer doesn't get lost. But when I try to reproduce the same thing with rgbd_mapping.launch the odometer get loss unless I move very slowly and the map is less accurate.
I try to change the parameters and check the difference in the window "preference" but I cannot find an explication which could explain that difference.

What could explain that difference?

Thank you.

Re: mapping tutorial

The default parameters are the same for the standalone and rgbd_mapping.launch file, so the results should be similar. The difference could come from the message synchronization in ROS (the callback receiving the images). You can try with different queue_size (default 10). Another thing to verify is if the RGB and depth images are correctly registered together by the node publishing the images.
$ roslaunch openni2_launch openni2.launch depth_registration:=true
then check if you have the same problem as this.

Re: mapping tutorial

alexfr
thanks!
In fact the problems was due to the installation.
I reinstall it and works better.